Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 1 - Capture

this is my second story in a trilogy of amazingness. i hope u all like

Chapter 1 - Capture

Chapter 1 - Capture
Raen Fall

“Damn” I hear the distinct sound of many Drozg wings flapping in the warm night, tracking my scent as I run from the grand capital of the Urzig Empire, Gamnor and I wonder how they found out who I really am. It must have been Nees, I knew something was wrong when he offered me some tea.
No time to think about that now though, I need to get away from these Drozg, maybe I’ll actually get away this time. Yeah right, maybe if I had some rotting meat but no luck tonight. Guess I will just have to outrun them.
It’s gonna be a long night.
I’m trying to keep a pace but I can feel myself slowing down. There must have been poison in that tea, it would make sense and explain why I’m slowing down. “I’m gonna get you for this Ness!” There is no way I can outrun them in this condition, but it’s my only option right now.
I come upon a marsh where it will be hard for the Drozg to follow because of the potent smells and sounds from the creatures inhabiting the area. The big problem is that it will be near impossible to get through without a guide or even a map. As I try to decide if it’s worth the risk I can feel my heart rate slowing little by little but it’s too late. The poison…is clouding…my mind…
Everything is dark I can hear people talking near by but I can barely understand what they’re saying. To top it off I feel like I’m paralyzed, unable to move or even speak.
“So, uh…, where we taking this guy’gain”
“My Rorim Stump, you have to be the stupidest…anything! I mean come on I’ve already told you four times that this isn’t any ordinary guy, this is Nyte and we are taking him first to Finra for his trial and after being found guilty, which he will, we’ll take him to wherever his sentence is to be executed. I just wish they game us a little more poison to keep him knocked out because I would hate for him to wake up.”
“Well that’s why they gave us twenty soldiers.”
“You think that’s enough to hold him back! I’d feel allot better if we had at least one Zura with us.” This guy killed Drel. You know about him at least, right?”
This guy really knows his stuff.
“What, it dat Nyte! Why didn’t you tell me it was him?”
“No stump! No more! I’m not doing this again.”
Wow, I can’t take this much longer I need to get out of here before I am made any stupider. I will start with my fingers that should be a good place to start. Yes, got the fingers moving now for the whole hand. Damn, no more than a few twitches. Well looks like the only way to escape this madness is to sleep.
“Ow”, I’m awoken by my head crashing against the side of my prison, “my head!”
“Oh no, he’s awake!”
“Who?”
“Relax I’m not going to kill you.”
“Bet that’s what you told Drel right before you killed him.”
“Well, if you’re right you would be dead in seconds, but if you’re not dead you could hand me some water. It tastes like I had a wad of dirt in my mouth.”
“Stump get him some water.”
“K”
“Thanks Stump.” I give it an odd look wondering if it is poisoned and decide even if it is it has to taste better then this “Ah, that’s much better. So Stump, how did you get a name like that?”
“I dunno.”
“He’s as dumb as a stump.”
“Where are we headed to?”
“Well, we are to take you to Finra so that you can be tried then after being found guilty and your sentence is set we will take you to wherever the sentence is to be executed.”
“Oh boy that sounds fun. How long do you think it will take for the sentence to be set?”
“It depends on who is in the committee to set the sentence. If Zuka or Larteze is on the committee it might be awhile, most likely they will both be on the committee so it will be even longer, and you got to look out though because they like to think of a punishment that fits the crime. Can’t wait to see what they come up with though, it should have great detail.”
There is no way it could be the Larteze I know. Oh no, maybe they found out that he helped me. Wait, think logically now. If he is on the committee to set my sentence there is little to no chance he was found out.
“What’s this Zuka guy like?”
“Man, you sure ask allot of questions.”
“I like to know what I’m getting into.”
“I guess that’s a somewhat new habit.”
“Ha, yea. Somewhat new.”
“Anyway, Zuka is the Head Master at the Institute of Magicks and personally teaches the Shadow Magicks and Summoning and Bindings classes. In your case though I’d be more worried about Larteze.”
“Why?”
“He’s a priest that recently moved here from, where was it?”
“Lycia?”
“Yea, that’s it. Wait how’d you know?”
Damn, need to be more careful, I don’t want to blow Larteze’s cover I could never live with myself.
“When I was doing research on the gods a few of the priests mentioned his name so I wanted to see what the big deal was about him. I went to his serman one day and was moved by his words. Lucky for him I went too otherwise I would have killed Serech but he seemed like a good man so I then went with Drel.”
“The prisoner is awake! All guards surround the wagon! Driver, stop!”
“There goes our conversation.”
“Good talking with you, we will continue our talk another time.”
I let out a deep sigh and braced myself for whatever was going to happen and all I can hear is the sound of their armor clanging from outside the wagon.
The entire back wall cracked open flooding the room with light then came crashing to the ground revealing the twenty soldiers.
“You, step off the wagon!”
“Why do you want me off the wagon?”
“So we can search you for any weapons.”
“Why not search me while I was sleeping?” I ask and begin to walk down the ramp and once my foot hit the ground I could see all but one, in the middle of the crowd, flinch.
“We didn’t want you to wake up while we were searching you.”
“So you are going to search me while I’m awake? Ha, that makes allot of sense.” And I stop right in front of him.
“That’s enough!” barked the man who didn’t flinch “No more talking!”
“You are the boss.”
“Hmph, Hand over all your weapons!”
“I don’t have any weapons.”
“We’re supposed to believe that the infamous Nyte is unarmed?”
“Well yeah. First off where would I hide it on me and secondly why would I even have a weapon it’s not like I go around picking fights with people.”
“But you can fight can’t you?”
“Well yea, I was in the Army before there was a bounty on my head.”
“I’ll make you a deal then if you can beat me in a duel I’ll let you just walk away, but if I win you must comply with my orders.”
“You’ve got a deal,” and we shook on it.
“Soldier gives him your spear.”
“Yes sir.”
The spear feels unbalanced in my hand. The spear head is heavy and the shaft is light, as if it were hollow.
We begin by circling each other and he starts showing off his finger dexterity by spinning the spear in his hands and I just have a smug look on my face. We begin to close into striking range. He swings his spear from left to right and in an instant I bring my spear up right so he strikes against my spear and I hear it crack as it hits. We continue circling but take a few paces farther apart. Seems like I only have one shot with this thing so I better do it quick, we stop circling each other and I say “that was a cheap trick. It makes me wonder if I can believe in our deal.”
“Ha, I don’t know what your talking about but I swear to Drel, oh wait didn’t’ you kill him?”
“Yea you wanna see what power I gained from it?”
I hurl my spear as fast and with all the power I could muster. He didn’t even have time to realize what was happening but to my dismay barely pierced his armor on the left shoulder but the shaft splintered into millions of pieces and there was enough force to knock him on his @$$. Then to finish this fight I begin to mutter the magic words of the Uma Goty “Pertoc yme solan kest semn!”
The earth began to rumble and rose in what looked like flower petals around me and I can only guess the second part of the spell worked because as my senses began to dwindle I can hear the captain let out a shrill cry. All I can do is snicker to myself and say
“I win.”

Comments

Comments (8)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

ShadowMagic on May 4, 2009, 4:15:11 AM

ShadowMagic on
ShadowMagicnice ^-^

Hinata102 on July 17, 2008, 9:02:46 AM

Hinata102 on
Hinata102Really nicely done ^-^ but why did he get poisoned in the first place? also in the second chapter why did he carry him and what about all those other soldiers? You'll need quite a bit more detail in the other chapters

Nyte on July 17, 2008, 1:13:57 PM

Nyte on
Nytealright so the reason he carried the dead guy was so they wouldn't question him coming to town in case they where on the look out for him and something i forgot to mention is that this is only half the chapter. there was poison in the tea nees gave him(unless that was a later update) and yes it is odd that the soldiers would leave but it will be explained later i promise

Hinata102 on July 18, 2008, 6:45:16 AM

Hinata102 on
Hinata102ok then ^-^ wait but where did the tea and nees come from? and why did he split with the monk and why are your chapters so short?! lol

garaworshiper on July 15, 2008, 4:22:18 PM

garaworshiper on
garaworshiperi like this chapter alot! but you never told us what he was in for, is it for killing the god? and where do these crazy spells keep comming from? lol, but overall, its good

Nyte on July 15, 2008, 4:25:45 PM

Nyte on
Nyteyea he's in for killing the god. and the spell in the first was just some german mushed together(idr what it meant) but in this one its the language of the gods and all magic is in it i will post some words later but i think this spell was protect me and strike my enemy.

rainraingoaway on July 15, 2008, 2:37:00 PM

rainraingoaway on
rainraingoawayIts really good! You used so much detail!

Nyte on July 15, 2008, 3:01:43 PM

Nyte on
Nytethank you i try to make it as though it was u there

Yvette on July 14, 2008, 10:17:15 AM

Yvette on
YvetteThis chapter is really good!